Ultra-Wide Zoom, Ultra-Versatile Design
- Covering ultra-wide to wide-angle fields of view, this lens spans a useful range of focal lengths for a variety of subject types, including landscape, architecture, interiors, and street applications.
- Modest variable maximum aperture contributes to a compact, lightweight design that’s ideal for travel and walkaround shooting.
- Two UD (ultra-low dispersion) glass elements control a variety of chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element reduces spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra Coating minimizes flare and ghosting for greater contrast when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
Autofocus and Image Stabilization
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 5.5 stops, or 7 stops with coordinated IS, to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- STM stepping motor offers fast, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance that is ideal for video recording as well as still shooting.
- Close-up focusing capabilities enables working with a 1:2 maximum magnification and a 5.1″ minimum focusing distance to suit photographing nearby subjects.